The daughter of an Anglican clergyman, Margaret Fletcher founded the League in 1906, after she became a Catholic. Through her determination and inspiration the League had its beginning, and celebrated its centenary in 2006.
What we do?
We support: CAFOD, Refugees, The Services, Our Lady’s Catechists, National Projects and raise awareness of social and moral issues
We are Members of:
WUCWO (World Union of Catholic Women’s Organisations), the National Board of Catholic Women and are actively involved in the Women’s World Day of Prayer.
Birmingham Branch was formed in 1910, has just celebrated its centenary and has Sections throughout the Archdiocese. We hold a Study Morning every year usually in March, and this normally includes very interesting speakers on topical subjects. We also have our own annual Pilgrimage to the Shrine of Our Lady of Evesham and an annual Joint Mass with the Union of Catholic Mothers at St Chad’s Cathedral. We are proud to be able to claim that our founder, Margaret Fletcher is a true product of our Archdiocese and is buried within the confines of Begbroke Priory in Oxford.
If you are interested or would like to know more, please contact:
Mrs Bernie Townsend, Branch Liaison Officer
Tel: 01384 278208
The Catholic Women’s League
Registered Charity No. 250120